Physiotherapy For All Genders
The physiotherapists at Pelvic Connections show care and compassion towards all of their patients. Our team is trained in assisting any transitioning or transitioned patients with their pelvic health and musculoskeletal concerns.
What concerns can physiotherapy help me with?
- Urinary (wee) concerns
- Bowel (poo) concerns
- Scar tissue management post gender affirming surgeries and top surgery
- Preparation and recovery pre and post gender affirming surgeries and top surgery
- Prevention of stenosis post vaginoplasty
- Pelvic pain
- Binding side effects such as back pain, chest pain and shoulder pain, as well as numbness
- Tucking side effects such as bladder emptying concerns, testicular pain and pelvic pain
How can physiotherapy help manage my concerns?
- Through education regarding your concerns and conditions
- Providing you with a dedicated treatment plan
- Connecting you to like-minded health professionals that can further support you
- Providing you with a whole body and mind approach
- Pelvic floor muscle training (relaxation or strengthening)
- Whole body exercises
- Hands on therapy
- Dilator therapy
- Postural education and advice